Due to COVID-19, now everyone wants to know How To Boost Immune System. Because we all know that if our immunity is strong then we can fight with all kinds of bacterial and viral diseases.
A strong immunity makes us capable to fight all seasonal illnesses. Boosting the immune system means that we are preparing our self to fight viruses and a strong immunity keeps us active and fit.
A strong immune system makes a strong body. If you have a strong immune system then your body will be fit and your overall health will be better. So in this article, we will discuss some important steps that will help you to boost your immune system.
Workout To Boost Immune System
Doing some workout every day helps in so many directions. Workout or regular exercise helps flush bacteria out of the lungs. And it reduces the chances of getting a cough, cold, and illness.
By doing regular workout WBC (white blood cells) count increases and these WBCs are immune system cells that fight diseases. So daily workout boosts the immune system and increases WBCs.
When we do workout or any physical activity then the temperature of our body increases and this temperature stops the growth of harmful bacteria.
To make home gym for workout this setup will be best choice for you.
We all know that by doing a good workout or exercise our body produces good hormones that reduce the stress hormones. This has been proven that daily exercise reduces the stress level and it keeps our mind and body healthy.
So doing daily exercise is very important to boost immunity and here is the list of some physical activities that will help you to burn calories –
- You can do a 20-30 minute walk every day.
- Doing weight training 4-5 days every week in the gym is very important.
- You can go for running in the morning or evening that also boosts your immunity.
- You can also do any physical activity that you love. Ex- Cycling, Swimming, etc.
Foods To Boost Immune System
Our body doesn’t produce or store vitamin C so this vitamin must be consumed by our body on a daily basis. We know that there are so many good foods that give vitamin C and other essential nutrients that boost our immune system.
So here I will list some good food items that give essential nutrients and vitamin C
- Citrus Food – Citrus foods are rich in vitamin C and this vitamin C increase the production of WBCs in our body that boosts the immune system to fight infection and viruses. Ex – Grape, Orange and lemon, etc.
- Broccoli – This is full of vitamins and minerals that give you all the essential nutrients.
- Garlic – Good source of zinc and it has all immunity booster properties.
- Ginger – It helps to decrease inflammation and also reduces the chances of bacterial infection.
- Spinach – Good source of iron and rich in vitamin C and increase the fighting ability from infection.
- Almonds – It has antioxidant properties and powerful antioxidant is the key to a healthy immune system.
- Papaya – This fruit is loaded with vitamin C and digestive enzymes that maintain a healthy immune system.
- Kiwi – This fruit is a king of all fruits to boost immunity because kiwi is loaded with all essential nutrients and rich in potassium, vitamin K, and vitamin C. These all vitamins and nutrients boost our immunity to the next level.
Supplements To Boost Immune System
This is not easy to get all the essential vitamins and minerals from food items. So there are some good alternatives for those vitamins and minerals in the form of supplements. Who is not able to get all essential nutrients from the food can take those vitamins from supplements.
There are good supplements in the market that gives the same value as a natural food item. Some people think that it’s harmful but taking vitamins by consuming supplements is safe and easy with no side effects.
To know about all fitness related supplement this article will help you Best Fitness Supplement
Here is the list of some essential supplements to boost our immunity
Vitamin C – This is a more essential supplement to improve the immune system and protect from infection. This supplement enhances the ability of immune cells. This vitamin clears the old cells and replaces them with the new immune cells. Vitamin C supplement also works as a strong antioxidant.
Vitamin D – Vitamin D enhance the count of WBCs (White Blood Cells). WBCs play an important role to boost the immune system. Vitamin D is very essential for immune function. This vitamin increases the response of antiviral treatment in people.
Zinc – Zinc is a powerful mineral that helps in immune cell development. The deficiency of zinc in our body may cause you to slow down your immune system. This is a helpful supplement in our body to reduce the duration of viral and other kinds of infection.
Iron – Iron is the main source that helps to carry oxygen into the blood cells. If your body has a weak iron level then it may cause to weaken your immune system.
Vitamin E – Like vitamin C, Vitamin E is also very essential for our body. This is a powerful antioxidant and fights infection. This vitamin makes our immunity much stronger and gives us the power to fight viruses.
Omega-3 – Omega-3 activates the immune cells. Omega-3 fatty acids are very important for healthy immune function. These fatty acids help to enhance the function of immune B cells and these B cells help to fight off infections and viruses.
For the best protein supplement you can refer to this article Best Protein Supplement
Habits To Boost Immune System
In daily life somewhere we forget some good habits for our health and adopt bad habits. These bad habits came from our daily mental stress and to keep ourselves far from the reality we adopt some bad habits.
So here I will discuss some bad habits that we need to quit now to make ourselves healthy. If we will adopt healthy habits then our immune system will be strong and we can also have a healthy smile.
- Poor sleep reduces your immune system functioning and also reduces the white blood cells (WBCs) level in your body.
- Consuming excessive sugar may reduce the level of your immunity. Sugar prevents vitamin c to get into white blood cells resulting in a lower immune system.
- Taking excessive alcohol can also reduce your immune functioning. Excessive alcohol increases the load on your liver by which the liver stops storing vitamins.
- Smoking affects all systems of the human body and reduces the immunity in our body. Smoking destroys the lungs and kills us slowly.
- High stress releases the stress hormones like cortisol and cortisol suppress the immune system and creates many health issues.
- Junk Foods are high in saturated fat and a diet with high saturated fat harms your immune system. Saturated fat stops WBCs to multiply.
- Drinking less water may harm your immunity. Proper hydration is essential for a strong immune system.
- Lack of physical activity is harmful in every way for the body. Doing regular exercise reduces stress and increases the production of antibodies and white blood cells.
Good habits to strengthen your immune system
|Bad Habits (Low Immunity)||Good Habits (High Immunity)|
|Poor Sleep||Taking Good Sleep|
|Consuming Excessive Sugar||Consuming Less Sugar|
|Taking Excessive Alcohol||Avoid Alcohol|
|High Stress||Don’t Take Stress|
|Eating Junk Food||Eating Healthy Food|
|Drinking Less Water||Drink Enough Water|
|Less Physical Activity||Do Regular Exercise|
How to boost your immunity fastTake 3-4 slices of garlic and grind it with the help of a spoon or anything else then mix 1 spoon of honey. Leave this mixture for 10 minutes then you can eat this before going to bed or with an empty stomach.
If you want to join our fitness program then you can visit our best Fitness Programs